Thursday, June 12, 2008

Continue to Grow Stronger

Allow me to share my simple reflection on this verse which I was compelled to impart yesterday to those people I have been praying for starting this year: -

"They will continue to grow stronger.." Psalm 84:7 nlt

In my years of ministry, especially here in Makati, there are just few who have made it to the inmost part of my heart. It's not that the others have not...maybe they have not arrived yet, but there are just these few wonderful-Godly-people who did and that I am so blessed seeing them growing in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. God has greatly blessed my partnership with other Christians but with these few, I just know, in my heart and spirit, that there are many unconceivable, indescribable, beautiful projects God has prepared for all of us to do and triumph--together.

Albert. Sasah. Misty. Roche. Jun. Maya. Pia. Dhet.

As much as I want to write a description of and for each one, and I know they deserve it, but for now I would like to describe them in a collective manner. In the course of time and in my writings, I will share my experiences with them in such a way that it will bless you and encourage you to follow the path of Christ and give everything you have for others to know and love Him more.

I always believe that I have an eye for a star. I am no talent manager but I just know...and that's what leaders must possess, an eye to see a potential...and eye to see what the person could become, in light with the power and authority God has placed over your shoulders for the expansion and extension of His kingdom. And I humbly thank the Lord for such privilege and gift.

Now let me share with you my heart for the people I learned to love. These God-sent brothers and sisters are so different in characters and ways. They came from different family backgrounds, environment, cultures and experiences...and that I can say, it makes them delightfully special. These men and women are packed with great talents and gifts that God has bestowed on them, though some are yet to be discovered, and you will know right at the moment you see them. I have not encountered such remarkable people who are not only intellectually gifted but also physically, emotionally, socially, and above all spiritually exceptional. What attracts me most to these rather beautiful people is there heart for Jesus. You will be blessed by their passion and purity. Their desires and devotions. Their melodies and music. Their secrets and stories. Their dreams and determination to achieve them. And being with them for years, especially for the last couple of years, makes me love them even more.

I have not cried so much in my life until I met these people. I cried because I desire to see them mature in their relationship with God, as much as I desire to grow on my own. I cried because I know they are meant to do something great beyond their imagination. I cried because everyday of my life I want them to learn to love the Lord with everything they have and to die to themselves and live for Christ. I cried because I yearn to see their lives becoming more fruitful thus having their own people to disciple and raise up as they serve the Lord faithfully. I long to see them "become". And I so pray that in this lifetime, I will get to see them live their lives well and having great influence in the lives of others.

I am often well-spoken of by them as a blessing and a channel of God's strength and wisdom in their lives. But hardly they know that they are my source of strength. My source of joy. And in so many ways, they have become Jesus to me. They are God's reflection of love and hope . And as often as I would tell them, "they are the fruits of His faithfulness."

And so I am sharing this verse that God had once again encouraged me regarding these people's faith-journey, in the midst of my aspirations and dreams (and yes at times, frustrations and desperations), He assured me that..."they will continue to grow stronger." And we all know that the grace and strength will come from the very Person that brought us together -- Jesus Christ. Seeing us becoming and doing things--together--will bring joy into the heart of the Lord...and His joy will be our strength.

Surely He is faithful. Truly His Words bring life. I have found hope and assurance in that single line as I continue to commit my life to Albert, Sasah, Misty, Roche, Jun, Maya, Pia and Dhet. God will undoubtedly accomplish His fantastic plan in and through our lives. I am confident that my labors and prayer of love and faith will continue to bear fruits...much more fruits.

By His grace, our individual strength will make each and everyone stronger as we walk toward the life God has set for us. And yes, we will all grow stronger because there is a world out there that needs to know Jesus... there is a world out there that needs to be redeemed.. there are workplaces that need to be transformed...there are lives that need to be changed...there are people in our lives who need to be inspired and be brought back not only to the Source of life but to Life Himself.

No comments: